Thursday, February 07, 2008

GONG XI FA CAI!


TO ALL CELEBRATING THIS FESTIVE SEASON, HERE TO WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY, PROSPEROUS, HEALTHY NEW YEAR! MAY THE YEAR OF THE RAT BRING YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES EVERYTHING YOU WANT IN THE NEW YEAR!!



GONG XI FA CAI AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


This year is the second time away from home during chinese new year ( the first was in india). I miss home the most now, knowing that my family will be having get-togethers and the FOOD!! Yesterday, while i was on webcam with my parents and my dad's side of the relative as they were having the reunion dinner, I really felt left out and made me miss home so much more!!!
The worse part was the dinner that i was suppose to go for the "so called" reunion dinner turned out to be crap! the food was lousy and the atmosphere was pathetic. they were playing english oldies instead of chinese new year songs....you guys may think that i'm hypocritical being that when i'm back in malaysia, i always hated (or rather annoying) chinese new year songs being played in shopping complexes and in the airplane, because the tunes just get stuck in your head for so long and its irritating...BUT now being in UK..i want it played because I dont feel the festivity! I need it to feel that it is actually CHINESE NEW YEAR!!
Today, the first day of chinese new year.....if i was back home, i would be at my cousin's place, eating all the yummy food. BUT now i am in the UK, first day of chinese new year is going to the lab at 10 in the morning, eating chips for lunch and sitting in front of this PC!!!
I guess this is just another day!

No comments: