Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lake District

I know that I went to the Lake District before my Europe tour but i totally forgot to blog about it until recently, i had to make a mental note "to blog about Lake District"!!

So yeah, the next day after my parents arrived from Malaysia, we headed off to my cousin's place in Preston. Since she was only about 1 1/2 hours away from Lake District, it was convenient to drop over her place. So we took the bus to Preston from London and arrived there almost 10 and stayed over her place.

The next day, we went up to Lake District. The view there was wonderful and I really enjoyed the scenery. However, the weather was not the best. It kept on raining and stopping and raining again. Pictures taken were not that beautiful compared to if there was beautiful sun!

The lakes and hills were so beautiful, makes you wanna build a small little cottage up there and wake up every morning to the magnificient view!

We spent the whole afternoon there, driving pass hills and lakes and stopping for lunch/dinner. This area is huge and having only a day there sure wasn't enough. I hope to go back and see more of the area!!

Got home almost around 9 and everyone was already exhausted. Since the next day we were going to drive up to Newcastle for my graduation, we headed to bed early for an early start in the morning



No comments: