Monday, September 21, 2009

A very delayed post – North East Cluster Summer School

Held on a bank holiday weekend of the 28th August- 31st of August, the first cluster summer school in England was experienced. So glad to be able to make it and although it being held for the first time, IT WAS A SUCCESS! There were a total of more than 70 people who attended (including day visitors and such) and the atmosphere was lovely! The venue was amazing and I foresee future summer schools being held there again!

I was helping out with the Junior Youth group and can say that I was very hesitant at the first place. Not being very experienced with the age group and doing it in a different country kinda scared me (I know I shouldn’t). But it turned out to be fun and seeing kids between the age of 10-14 being all mature and saying things that makes you go “when I was that age, all I talked about was boy        bands and Barbie dolls!”. Things like peer pressure, media influences, drugs and alcohol were discussed and how things like these affect us. The kids discussed all these very maturely and it gave me insight on how kids think and react to such influences.  It really makes you realise the potential of a child and what it can become with the proper education and guidance.

Overall the Cluster Summer School was a great experience and it definitely brought the cluster closer as a unit working together! Here are some of the photos of one the social nights and I hope that you guys will enjoy them!!

      IMG_0603IMG_0604

            Ceilidh night, where Lorna lead everyone to dance while Sue and Ken played beautiful music!

             IMG_0608IMG_0615IMG_0623

IMG_0634

North East Cluster Summer School 28th-31st August 2009.

No comments: