Monday, November 17, 2008

This weekend

The weekend started with a wedding on Friday night. It was a Baha'i wedding of Michael and Lindsay. It was a very simple yet memorable and beautiful wedding. 

Both the bride and groom looked their best and was surrounded with friends and family. I guess that's the most important part of a wedding, being around friends and family for your special day!

IMG_0269

all dolled up and ready :P

IMG_0280IMG_0295

Signing the Baha'i marriage certificate & dancing together as husband and wife

IMG_0299IMG_0301

Dancing with their respective parent..so sweet

IMG_0315IMG_0313

the order of ceremony and the couple cutting the cake

IMG_0286IMG_0294

Milly, my partner-in-crime for the night!

Then came Saturday, went to Durham for Durham community's celebration of the Birth of Baha'u'llah. There was quite a number of people and the program was nice. Started off with a couple of stories about Baha'u'llah and then prayers by Baha'u'llah which surrounded the theme of Unity. Lovely!

After the wonderful program, came food....yummy persian food!! Haven't had them in a while and all I can say is yummylicious... Since Baha'u'llah's teaching is about Unity, I can say for sure that food can bring people together!!:P

Entertainment after food was definitely refreshing. Had songs sung by Will Finn, a very talented guy who sang on the piano. A friend's dad, Nick also sang a couple of songs on the guitar. These people really make me regret not continuing my piano or even taking up a new instrument to play.IMG_0334 IMG_0337

Will on singing and playing the piano to entertain everyone!

IMG_0339 Nick playing songs on the guitar.

Too bad I didn't manage to take more photos of that evening. I need to remember to remind myself that I have a camera and not take out at the very last minute and miss out everything else that may be more important!

It was indeed a nice celebration and I was glad that I went!

So, today is Sunday and rest day for me (sore throat developing). This weekend has been filled with friends and laughter and so much fun!

Hope you guys had a fun weekend too!!!

No comments: