Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Life as it is…

Time has definitely flown by since my last post and I didn’t even realise that my last post was in March and it wasn’t really considered a post (probably more of an advert for my brother).

These past months have mostly been about work. Maybe a couple of birthdays, little hang outs here and there, but that’s about it. The work I do involves me doing graveyard shifts and times that are so uncertain that it doesn’t really allow me to plan things in advanced. That is one think I don’t like about my job (but I’m still grateful). My sleeping pattern is all upside down and I can feel that it is tiring my body out. I tend to wanna laze more and more just because I wake up at odd hours like 5 in the evening. I doubt I can take this forever, if I tried, I’d probably die in the process. I really wonder how my workmates can do this for 3-4 years!

Work has made me appreciate my days off, even though i have nothing to do, lazing around in the room watching a movie, cleaning my room, doing laundry just calms me now… And if the weather is nice, sitting in a nearby cafe with the sun shining just comforts me.

However, the thought of going back to work again just kills it somehow. I know that’s life but but but…( I know I’m not the only complaining about going back to work after the end of a weekend).

My next days off will be Thursday and Friday. These are the days that I crave for after doing 7 shifts in a row before getting 2 days of rest! I’m so impatient that I strike them off my timetable so that the days will seem nearer. Sounds like a child striking off the calendar counting the days to school holidays. Well, I guess that is how I feel about my days off!!

2 days till my days off!!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait….

1 comment:

Szuefei said...

you are getting us especially your mum very worried!