Friday, July 01, 2005

Damn......My car went Flat

Last night, I went out with Nana's friends from UTP. We had dinner at Little Labuan, indian food..yummy!!!!!although a bunch of them did not enjoy the spicyness...We had sambal prawn and petai, ayam masak merah, fried french beans, fish curry, fish cutlet....what else ah????and oh ya...we had this bittergourd(peria)....first time i ate, fried and crunchy!!!real nice!!!

After dinner , we took one of the friend, Lilian to see the doctor, she wasnt feeling to good and wanted to go get some medication. We went around to find for a 24-hour clinic as it was already 9.30pm. We drove pass about 3 clinics and all were close until we found one near Malindo. And the receptionist told us that we had to wait for a while cuz the doctor had a house call. So, wait and wait and wait until the doc came back. Since they just came down from Mt. Kinabalu, the doctor said that she had altitude problems, and it would go away soon.

After the doctor, which took about an hour, we headed back to Little Labuan. Hung out there for a while. Matt, Jon and a few others were playing pool, while the others were at the bar singing karaoke and drinking. Wasnt feeling in the mood of partying i decided to go home and sleep! So, i said my goodbye's and left....

This is where real story begins.......I got into my car, put the keys into the ignition, turned the key........the engine wouldnt start...i started to panic!!!!So i tried again....the engine still wouldnt come alive...The person in the car next to me signal me trying to say "No point trying..the car wont start!!!"...damn....i started to worry...I called my mum trying to tell my situation..she said " car no battery already."

I ran in the pub and told Nana that my car wouldnt start, Jon and Matt overheard and they came to the rescue. Jon immediately took the keys out of my hand and went to my car.....He tried to start it, still couldnt...Matt got a guy to help, i opened the bonnet to let him have a look...he said...."yup, the battery is a goner!! "sigh..the only thing that we could do was to jump start the car. Thank God, Nana's car had the jumper cable!!!!!Practically saved my day!!!Dad called up and said to jump start the car and he reminded me to connect the jumper correctly.....The guy from the bar, connected my batteries to Jon's car batteries and got my car started...

All of them warned me...you better not mati engine...if not..you'll be dead...you cant start the car again!!!!since my car was an automatic car, it cannot die on me like a manual car would....Jon said: " if you mati engine with this automatic car, i dont know what to do with you anymore!!"heheheheh.....imagine how scared was i...imagining stranded in the middle of no where...but then...labuan bah this.....there is no "middle of no where".......

Well, here i am, i reached home safely!!!!!! I hope this will never happened to me again...but i'm glad to have gotten the experience....and i would like to thank my friends: Nana- for your jumper cable; Jon- for your car ; Matt- for your support when i was so worried and for asking that man to help; and to that man from the bar(bobby? i think)- thanks for helping jump start my car......... I love you, my friends..you mean the world to me!!!!!!!hugs and kisses!!!

No comments: