Friday, September 02, 2005

Just for read

Why Guys Buy the Wrong Presents or romantic gifts...???

Guys are forever getting into trouble for buying wives and girlfriends the wrong presents.

Guys, when you receive a birthday present, like a hammer drill, you say to yourself "Great! This is really practical - I can use this!"

So when you go shopping for your wife's birthday present, you look for something "useful". Big mistake!

Rule #1.

Guys like presents that are USEFUL.
Women like presents that are PERSONAL.

Though some women like to get vacuum cleaners and can openers for their birthdays, most hate useful presents!

We guys should have gotten the message by now!

In those romantic movies, when the couple embraces on the beach, and he says "I'll love you forever and beyond, he usually pulls out earrings, roses, pearls, diamonds. i.e romantic gifts. He doesn't give her an electric kettle! To women, useful presents mean "You don't REALLY love me!"

(As my wife, Julie once said to me when I gave her a set of very practical saucepans, "Why didn't you just give me sausages?") Other things that aren't personal include kitchen knives and accounting software!

Rule #2.

TIMING IS CRITICAL!

With men, it doesn't matter WHEN you get the present. If a guy wants spanners, any time is a good time ... on his birthday, between birthdays, at anniversaries. Give a guy a set of wrenches as a get well present and he'll love it!

With most women, timing is important - as my neighbour will tell you. His wife asked him to buy an ironing board. It was early February, so he waited a week and gave it to her on Valentine's Day.

Serious error!

In a Nutshell

There are ladies who would rather be given a) wheelbarrows and toasters than b) flowers and perfume ( romantic gifts -hint!) - but on percentages, you would probably want to go straight to "Plan B".


Authur Unknown.........just for laugh but it's kinda true!!!!!

1 comment:

NiCoLe RoDrIgUeS said...

I absolutely agree with this Author.. Once my hubby suggested to give me PETROL vouchers for my Birthday!!!!... he would have never heard the End of IT. nag..NaG..NAG..heheeh