Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Things I bought last Friday

I bought a few things last friday, which i'm happy about. I know that my main objective being here in the UK is to study, but sometimes temptations just takes over you. Its not that i bought those things just because its cheap, but they are of use.

Things, not a lot, that i bought was a vest with a hood, a book, and a hat.

Reasons to the purchase (trying my best to take the guilt away):


The Hat - used when my hair just wont want to stay...since my hair is really short, my hair stands when i wake up in the mornings. Sometimes wax wont help, but i know that with the hat, my hair can hide underneath it. The best part of it, is that it only cost 1 pound!! RM 7 can't get you a decent hat back home!


The Vest - I have a couple of jackets with me, but they are in a variety of thickness. Needed one that wasn't too thick so that i can wear it now during the autumn so that i can wash the one that i have been wearing since they day i arrived. This vest keeps me warm without suffocating me!
The Book - Heard from many friends that it was a light read but a book that will make you cry. Bought it from the children charity place, so it was part charity...:P During the weekends, it gets really boring and so this book will entertain me, at least for another week (i hope, unless i get really excited about it and finish it tomorrow).
I know i must limit myself from unnecessary spending, but even with the convertion rate of about 7, some things are still a lot cheaper here. Saw shoes selling for 2-4 pounds, boots selling for 6 pounds, sweaters selling for 3 pounds. I mean, even after converting it back to RM, its still sooooooo CHEAP....if you can find a boots selling for RM 50 bucks in malaysia (i'm not saying some cheap stuff, but of good quality and that will keep you warm)....please tell me okay? it might stop me from considering buying it from here...

4 comments:

Szuefei said...

you are becoming like rica. go see her blog! also like you.. tayang tayang the things she bought

Unknown said...

hahaha...well i saw her blog...then i felt the itch to blog about the things i bought lar...hahahahah...

Christine Lim said...

ps.i love you is a reli nice book..ve u finish it?? its saddddddddddddddddd!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah.finished it yesterday..i tell you.i cried like a baby reading it!!! i was reading it in the train and had to stop reading so that people wont start staring at me, "wondering why is this girl crying"....so sad!!!