Sunday, October 21, 2007

Trip to Newcastle

Finished my lab on Friday at around 5.30pm and dashed home to pack my things to go over to Newcastle. I was scared of running late, so I packed my things in a flash... And the next moment, I was out of my room again.

Walked over to the metro station, hoping that the train was coming soon. BUT as I was walking towards the train station, I heard the train coming...DAMN i won't be able to catch this one, even though I ran like a cheetah. So I slowed down my pace, bought the ticket and waited. I knew it was going to be at least a 20 minutes wait.

Arrived Newcastle about 7pm, which was early because I was thinking that I might be late. Actually being there at 7 was just nice, walked to the Baha'i Centre without rushing...

It was a nice short gathering with prayers and a story about the Bab, being that we were there to celebrate the Birth of the Bab. It was a very nice get together, meeting new people and seeing those I met during the youth gathering 2 weeks back.

After some chit chat and refreshments, I walked to Northumbria Uni, to meet up with Lenzja and Stella. It was nice to find out that one of the guy, Daniel lives in the same block as Stella. What a coincidence.

Got Elvin to accompany Lenz and I to hang out. Seeing Newcastle at night, how happening it was made me wanna kick Elvin in the butt for bringing us to some Chicken place to eat, rather than bringing us to some club to party! We were walking past one club and the music was really good. Lenz and I both looked like mad desperate clubbers walking past a club.....We were both craving for the music to seep into our brains.....but it didnt happen that night....

The next day, had lunch with Stella. She cooked porridge, which I haven't had the chance of eating since I came here. So it was really refreshing to have some. Headed out to town again with Lenz and Elvin, for some sightseeing. Went to the Millenium Bridge and this time, they had some exhibition going on, Dott 07 festival at the Baltic Square, which is just next to the bridge. The Exhibition was about how designs can help sustainability. So its was very interesting. Things there were interactive...so we drew and brought home freebies, which is always a good thing...

After spending time around the area, headed back to Lenz room and then to the metro station back to Sunderland. Reached home to a very wonderful dinner, Roasted chicken with chips and Salad.... YYUUUMMM

It was a good weekend overall, until now when i have to start working on lab reports!!

No comments: