Friday, September 07, 2007

Books read during the holiday

I know that I’m supposed to have read more books than I have during this very long long holiday. I only manage to read 2 books. Actually started on the third book which was Anna Karenina but that it was so thick and the story was a little bit too confusing with the amount of names one character had.

First book I read was Da Vinci Code. I know that almost everyone already read the book and watched the movie. But I haven’t so yeah, read the book and it was really interesting. I know that the book is fictional but the details were really convincing. Makes The Lourve one place that I want to go and see when I visit Paris. I guess the book can be a really a way for France to get people to go to Paris huh? The book was really a page-turner and really enjoyed the book. I’m quite sure people like me who is not really into all this history of any sort would at first thought everything in it is real due to the details. I know some at a certain extend is real but the book can waver the believe of a Christian.



Another book that I read was Jodi Picoult’s Mercy. If you have been following my blog, you’d know that I’m a big Jodi Picoult fan. I have already read and own I think 5 or 6 of her books. This book is about how a small town detective is stuck in a dilemma where he’s distant relative comes to him with a confession that he killed his wife. How the town is split and how his wife sides the cousin for killing the wife because he loves the wife so much, who was suffering from cancer. The sheriff himself then gets involved into an affair with a young lady from out-of-town.


I know that 2 books for a 4 months holiday is very little and I wished that I had read more. But time is gone and I only have less than 3 weeks here in Malaysia. Preparation to go to UK is undergoing. Talking about books, I bought a pharmacology book the other day while I was in KL dealing with my visa. Reading it now, I think it is interesting and quite happy with the choice I made to study that course. All I know is that I have to work hard with this one year that I have because of the course-switching, being in a new environment and all. Final year project is a scary thought you know! Wish me luck for my final year and hopefully I will graduate with a BSc (Hons) Pharmacology with flying colours – first class? Second class upper also can la...:P

3 comments:

pink penguin said...

hey babe all the best for ur new phase of life! live it up in uk!! :)

Wai Leung said...

Szue May!!! when are u coming to the land of King Arthur and his knights? Im here waiting...hahaha

Sabrina Woon said...

I love jodi picoult's books too.. bought a few of them..