Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Shows!

During this holiday, I’ve been watching quite a few show and these are what I personally think of them.

Spiderman 3 – Managed to catch this movie while I was back in Labuan. The action was good, however it was weird to see Tobey Maguire acting all rascal when he was infected with that black thing. Hair messing and all just doesn’t go with him. He’s a geek to the core when he is not swinging from building to building. The graphics were good with Sandman and all.

Pirates of The Caribbean "The Dead Man's Chest" – The third installment of the series. It was funny with Johnny Depp in action, and to see Orlando Bloom is just “sigh, drool”. If you watched the second one, this 3rd one would satisfy the ending of the second one because the second one ended just “liddat” (which I hated la, imagine if something had happened to me, I’ll go to my grave wondering what happened :P). However, the ending of this 3rd installment was lousy. Why does Orlando Bloom’s character have to be curse? Imagine only seeing your wife once in 10 years! Sigh, what la… I thought that the ending would be “happily ever after” but nah…

Fantastic Four – Rise of the Silver Surfer – Human Torch is smokingly HAWT!!! That’s all I can say about the movie! Hahahaha!!! No no…I don’t think that I’m that shallow eh? Or perhaps I don’t want you guys to think that I’m shallow. So, the movie was okay. It’s nice to see the supposedly bad Silver Surfer, who was trying to destroy the earth, in the end saved the planet earth instead. Victor Von Doom was also (still) the villain in the movie, but this time, they managed to destroy him (right? Kinda forgot already).

The Simpsons – Down right funny this one. I am not a die hard Simpsons fan, I occasionally watch it if I just so happen to tune in to it on TV and there is nothing else to watch. This show was stupidly funny. You should definitely go watch it if you want a laugh. I know one person that won’t be watching it would be my mom who can’t stand the cartoon, right ma?

Rush Hour 3 - Watched this movie with my 5th aunty. As you may already expect from a Jackie Chan movie, it’s all action. It’s funny to see Jackie Chan speak English with his Chinese accent. He has already been making Hollywood movies for so long and yet his English still remains the same. Chris Tucker in the other hand can be a little annoying with the high pitch voice of his, but I guess the movie wouldn’t be that nice without him. They make a great pair and as usual they get the bad guys. Nothing too shocking about that! :P

In Pursuit of Happyness – Watched this on DVD the other day at home. Its an inspiring movie acted by Will Smith. He plays a homeless man with a son (played by his very own real life son). It shows how determination will get you places. I know that after watching this movie, I’m suppose to be all positive and determined. But you know lar….macam nothing only…:P bad right? I know I need to appreciate the opportunities I have, had or will have. Like that I’m able to go overseas to continue my degree, which I’m grateful to my parents for allowing me to do it. Some people don’t have such opportunity and I shall work hard. Sounds cliché and all, but it is true!!!

Devil Wears Prada – Hahaha… I know, it way long time ago when this show came out but I never got the chance to watch it when it came out, so I watched it at my aunt’s place the other day when I was staying there for the week. It was a show with no story line, just more of a parade of nice clothes. It was nice to see the girl who has no fashion sense turn into the a fashion diva but other than that the show was crap la…


You may have noticed that there are 2 movies that is the summer must-watch which are not in this list. They are Harry Potter and Transformers. Yes, I have not watched them yet but I want to, but no buddy to teman me because everyone has already seen them!


I went to a play the other day with my 3rd aunt and her friends at the KL Performing Art Center (KL PAC). I have not been there before and was looking forward to it. I was impressed with the whole environment. In my head, it would be something like just a building with a few theatre halls inside. But I was totally wrong. It had this whole glass architecture style, very modern and it is a whole gigantic place, with few buildings and all. The show that I went to watch was “Enemy of the People” directed by Joanna Bessey (local actress). It was a play about a doctor/scientist who discovered that the water system in their town is contaminated, and since that they have a spring that was a tourist attraction, the authorities decides to cover up and try to silence the doctor. The mayor of the town happens to be the doctor’s brother and it becomes a fight between 2 brothers. It is a play that provokes the thought that “majority is not always right” as the town go against the doctor as they are told that if the town council were to change the water system, they will tax the people for it. With that, everyone goes against the doctor to avoid additional tax. The actors are really good and you can see that they are really dedicated to what they are doing. You may see some familiar faces that you see on Malaysian television.

Movies that I watch are Harry Potter, Transformers, Ratatouille…..and many many more!

Wah…I just heard that there will be Shrek 4 and 5!!!! Wow…..Shrek 3 also not yet watch!!!

1 comment:

Sabrina Woon said...

It's many movies that you watched during the hols. Great u watched so much.... =)